Sunday, May 3, 2009

We're Baa-aack!!


Oh, is it Sunday already? Ok, here are the quick highlights of last week because I've got to get up and at 'em today, y'all...

Tuesday was spent moving some furniture and getting things FINALLY organized for this crazy sale I decided to have Saturday.

Wednesday morning we hopped in both cars for the not-so-fun trek to Dallas to ship car #1 off to Germany. Neeley and I had such a great time while waiting for Ronnie to get that stinkin' car shipped off. NOT! Here we are bored almost to tears! :)


This was long after Neeley had made her way through all of the grimy toys that were sitting in this nasty little plastic swimming pool in the waiting room.


After that, we all piled in to Fusion #2 (yes, we are still trying to sell it. Wanna buy it?) and had promised a trip to the Galleria for some fun at the American Girl store.


While there, we decided to take advantage of their Bistro and grab some lunch and that was the best food we have ever eaten! So yummy! It was fun to see them grab a high chair for our American Girl, Julie. Here she is reading the menu. Too funny!


Mommy and Daddy even enjoyed the place!


And just because I like pictures I took this one right outside the store.


We visited several other places that day but didn't take any more pictures. We finished the night with a meal at Taco Cabana. Not too glamorous of a place to go but we all love it and Neeley really enjoys it there so that was our last dinner together.

Thursday morning we got up bright and early to have breakfast and get the car loaded up again. We killed some time at the Grapevine Mills Mall before having to head over to the airport to send Ronnie off to Germany. We are excited to join him soon and it is crazy to think that the next time we see him we will all be in Germany together!

I was so very glad to receive this at the airport. Sometimes we military families can sweet-talk the person checking the passenger in in to giving a pass to allow the family members to actually go to the gate with the service member. I almost cried over this little piece of paper. Sometimes the bigger airports aren't so nice that way and I was terrified of DFW and all of the driving I had to do around that place but this just made my day!


I grabbed that piece of paper and practically ran all the way to the gate. After a greasy lunch of Popeye's Chicken in the airport, we watched him get on that plane and cried all the way to the car. Why do I do that every time! Geez! :)

We got back home very late Thursday night. Yuck! And I had to work Friday. Double Yuck! And then somewhere along the way last week I decided to have a garage sale this Saturday (yesterday). Triple Yuck! But I did surprisingly well considering it was all a bunch of junk. I will still probably have another one in 2 weeks just to get rid of the excess we will have once we know where we will be living.

So today I'm exhausted and have to get ready for church. Neeley was invited to a sleepover last night so I did have the house to myself almost all day yesterday. And.it.was.glorious!!!! :) I was in bed at 6 pm!

Hoping for a better day today. Although I do have to go in to the office to get caught up on some things that I didn't get done last week. I will be out of the office a few more days in the next couple of weeks so I've got to try to get everything done that I possibly can. Why do I care so much!?!

Y'all take care and we'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Glo said...

Girl, you poor thing! I hope things will calm down for you once you get all of this stuff done. You are making ME tired just reading about all you had to do.LOL

Amber said...

I'm so happy that they let you through security! Hooray!!! :)

I can't believe this is really happening. You are moving to Germany, Ashley! Oh my gosh. C.R.A.Z.Y!