Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday Already?

I'm back and wow what a weekend. I spent...let's see...wait for it...let me count them...ok...now I have it... exactly 11.5 hours this weekend going in to my empty house to scrub, scrub, scrub. Y'all I am not a cleaner. And now I am forever sorry for that. I cleaned every room from floor to ceiling, wall to wall. And I used bleach because I had lots of it left. And now I have burnt the ends of my fingertips. But other than that I have a clean house that smells good thanks to the lemon oil I used on the hardwood floors. And then I came back and slept and slept and slept. :) And watched it rain and rain and rain. Bummer of a weekend, that's for sure.

Not a whole lot going on to get ready for the move. I only have six work days left after this and in those days I've got to repack us, finish finalizing everything for the big birthday/going away bash, schedule final hair cuts and nails and all that important stuff. :) We also have dentist appointments, picking up school records, and Neeley will be cramming in a couple of days of a VBS here in town and some other fun things. Call me crazy but I wouldn't have it any other way. Except today I woke up feeling very panicky and anxious. I can't wait to get on that plane just to relax. Oh wait, did I just say that because I'm not so sure that ride will be relaxing. :) And just for a reminder...we fly in exactly 15 days! What? :)

Ronnie is going to look at an apartment we have found in Stuttgart. Sounds very promising and like something we would love but he is going to check it out just to see what all it would require financially. You know the worrier in me says live on post but I like to be adventurous at times also. I just think it would be easier on so many levels for us to live on post. But we'll let you know how that goes. I think he gets to go look at it sometime on or after the 30th once they get it all cleaned up again. That excites me! :)

Next Wednesday is my last day of work and I am oh so ready for it! I really don't mean that but then again I do. And Neeley is absolutely sick of school. I kind of agree with her. I'm off now to go finish my whole wheat bagel with low fat peanut butter. Yum! And gotta get back to work.

Thank you all again for continuing to pray for us and help us and think about us as you have been. We REALLY appreciate each and every one of you!

2 comments:

Glo said...

Girl, I think your life is way more busy than mine is.....and I thought I had a busy life!LOL I know you are ready for some relaxation time and I hope you get it soon!

Amber said...

You made me shudder when you were discussing all that cleaning. I fear the day that we move...I'm SCARED to know what is behind all my furniture. Yikes.

Hope all the plans work out for you. Can't believe it really is almost here.