Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Quick Update

Boring title, I know, but I just couldn't help myself today. Just a few quick updates today...

I am officially finished with my first graduate semester. Yay! Yay! Yay! My classes officially ended on the 14th and I couldn't be happier right now. I can relax until January 2nd. I know I passed all three of my classes but I am just waiting for the final grades. Quite frankly as long as I passed, I don't mind the rest. Probably won't have all A's but I just want that piece of paper at the end, so I'm all good with that. Is that bad?

Our Thanksgiving plans are finally coming together. We are going to host a few families and soldiers who are here without their families at our place this year. We are going to do a pot luck style meal. Still don't have a menu and don't really know much more, but that part I do know. Oh boy! I better get started. One this I have noticed about myself with this move . . . I stress far less than I used to. Thanksgiving is in how many days, and I have no idea what I will fix or what I need to do to this place to even make it presentable. Nor do I care because I know our friends here don't care either. And that brings me peace.

Is it wrong that I already want to put up the Christmas tree? We are going to use the artificial tree we got last year and I am so ready to decorate. This is the first time I have said that in three years. Remember the funk I was in last year? I just couldn't get it together and really was feeling like Scrooge but I am so ready to see that tree up and decorated and to just bask in all that comes with the season. Would it be weird to have up so our Thanksgiving guests could enjoy it? :)

We've been doing some Christmas shopping when we can. It is very different doing so from Germany but we are finding our way around...well somewhat... :) Ronnie is on days this month so it has been a rather interesting month. I still like nights better. It seems we have more time to spend with him when he is working nights.

And speaking of Christmas, it is coming up so quickly. Yikes!

And last but not least I need your help. I am looking for some more good music to have here at the house on the days when I am here alone. I am so the person who blasts good tunes while cleaning house and I have become bored with what I have. What is your favorite music to play at home and in the car? And do you know of any new Christmas music?

That is all! :)


1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm all about putting up the tree early!! Put it up!! Put it up!!

I'm loving on Kari Jobe right now. Her music is nothing short of heavenly. Love her.

Thanks again for the book! :)