Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Thank Goodness For These Wacky Days


Oh, happy day!

We are all back under one roof again, safe and sound. More to come from the Mr. on his trip to France. **Still fuming in jealousy but I have been promised a trip very soon.** :)

Neeley's New Student Orientation was an AWESOME time and wouldn't you know I took my camera and didn't snap not one stinkin' picture. No, I was way too busy yacking it up with other moms and signing up for this and that. And I do believe I have way overextended myself, yet again. No, I didn't mean to, I just like to be in the know all the time. Is that such a bad thing? I may have to cross my name off of some of these lists or just say no to a few things during the year but it looks like it's going to be a GREAT yet. Neeley has Mrs. Hurston this year and we have heard she's the one to have as far as third grade teachers. We have heard that she is very strict but spoken highly of. We did finally get to meet her at the orientation and so far I couldn't be more thrilled. She walked right over to Neeley and immediately started interacting with her and Neeley took to her right away. It just so happens that Neeley's first Stuttgart friend, J, is in that same class as well as a couple of other girls she already knows. So Hallelujah! That part of the stress is now gone. I do feel like this is going to be a great year. My only concern right now is that the Dodea schools are very laid back - the principal introduced himself to a room full of people wearing dark denim jeans, a short sleeved shirt and suspenders and things just aren't as structured and rigid as we have experienced in the past. Good or bad? I'm not too sure yet. I think our biggest adjustment period will be getting in to a regular school in the states. She may have to stay in the Dodea schools forever. Yikes!

Below, for your viewing pleasure, are the pictures of our housing...please, please, please don't snicker at the funky bedding on my bed since I've not fully decorated yet and don't wish to get dog hair all over my new bedding until I absolutely have to. And yes we are missing some of our living room furniture and yes I do have things laying around that belong on the walls . . . and, oh my word, I didn't even put up my hair rollers or that cup of juice that's no telling how old and dinner prep is out in the kitchen . . . but it's home. And that makes my heart happy! Enjoy!

Our living room...minus our loveseat and the top two pieces to our entertainment center. Those should be in any day now . . . and we've searched high and low for an area rug so now I will be ordering online soon.



Looking down our bowling alley type hallway. Anna Banana wanted to smile for you all too . . . and please excuse the iron and ironing board that sits in the hallway. I have no room in my laundry room to iron, and there is only one european plug in there so it sits permanently in the hall. An eyesore but it's functional . . .

This is our not so put together dining room for now. Oh, I have no many things planned for this room. But for now I have a baby gift sitting on the table, poster board from our lemonade stand sitting in that corner chair, pictures on the floor, the laptop sitting on my bakers rack that already has paint chipping off of it, not much on the walls, no curtains, and well . . . here it is.


Our master bathroom . . .



Our master closet . . . LOVE it!



Our master bedroom. Don't laugh just yet . . . it will be better soon.



Neeley's room . . .



Laundry room . . .

Neeley's bathroom . . .



Third bedroom . . .


Our kitchen. . .



Here is the outside of our building . . . we are in that middle stairwell you see in the middle of the picture . . .
This is the view across the street and to the side of the building in front of us . . .

And this would be one of our storage units. Yes, we are "privileged" enough to have two of these crazy small units and you know how I love a good mess . . . I never go down there unless some little girl begs me to get that pool out for her. :)

Thank you for taking this tour of the Bowden Brigade quarters!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks pretty cool! You will get it all together. At least you have a lot more room than you thought you would have! Anna can have her own room! Love Mom J

Kendra said...

Wow, that place looks bigger than I thought it would! I'm kinda laughing because you had that big old piano toted overseas. I would have done the same thing, but those poor movers!

And I can't believe there's something "laid back" in Germany? The school? Wow!

So, where are you going to go for your mini vacay? You have so many choices! I'd pick Austria, if I were there.