Saturday, September 5, 2009

P.E.? What?

Guess who got called in last Friday to teach elementary and middle school P.E. Yep, you guessed it. And I still can't sit down. I had a blast though. Got to wear my grubby clothes all day and have fun and run around for 5 hours. And I got paid for it! I did probably 4,297 jumping jacks, and about that many push-ups, sit-ups, and mile laps. Oh boy! I have slept good I must say. And I would do it again, all for the love of those kiddos. I had 1st through 8th grade at varied times during the day, so an interesting mix. We played everything from the caterpillar chase to kickball, dodge ball, football and beyond.
I figure all that work was enough of a workout to last me about two weeks, right? Oh, you say that isn't the way it works? Well, sometimes it just has to.
I cannot wait until I get that phone call again. That was well worth my day!

No comments: