Monday, September 7, 2009

Back To The Ol' Grind

Hope you all had a good holiday weekend. Ronnie had to work all weekend so lil miss and I did what we could to make the most of it. We went walking a bit in the vineyards that are right outside the front gate of post and we went to a little mini "fest" as they call small gatherings here. Mostly people just eat and drink at these "fests" but they really are a cultural experience you just have to see for yourself. The food is so, so cheap and I've heard the drinks are too though I haven't partaken. :) You can get the best steaks for about 3 euro which is a steal! And you talk about yummy! And the "pommes frites" couldn't be better. That's french fries for our friends in the states. Took us a lil bit to figure that out, but we're slowly learning.

But now we're back to the ol' grind. Neeley went back to school this morning. She walks to school with friends. It only takes them about 20 minutes tops and it gives me time to get some exercise in or do what I need to do. My classes start up on the 12th of this month so I am trying to milk these days as much as I can. Oh my, I just looked at my calendar and that is this Saturday. What?

Well, better get back to it and finish what I need to do for the day. Today is my cleaning day since I couldn't get anything done yesterday. A holiday is always a good excuse for lack of want to do anything and for eating large amounts of so not good for you food.

Have a good one!

No comments: