Friday, August 21, 2009

Time For A Makeover

Thank you, Thank You, Thank You Kendra for my new look! :) That girl is so creative and I so appreciate her help! I am NO GOOD at this stuff. I can type away all day long and always have 4,297 pictures to show you, but can never do the pretty stuff right. :) Thanks again!

Our weather is having a makeover of it's own today. I have mentioned several times that we have been in a heat wave. Well, I'm not sure if it's just a lil cold snap, or if our winter really was right around the corner like everyone was saying, but for the next week we are supposed to have high's around 75 and lows of around 45. Wow! And what a difference it makes! It was around 100 degrees here yesterday and I didn't leave home. It was THAT miserable! Yuck! Neeley and I were supposed to ride the bus to Patch and Panzer today to take care of a couple of errands but she has decided she just really wants to play and fix up her clubhouse in this cooler weather. And since we just made a trip to the library I might just take her up on that. I have a lot of reading to do.

I am so not a cold weather kind of girl. And I've also heard that the winters are becoming especially difficult with nasty snow and ice and the winter wind is apparently atrocious. Yay! NOT! I will definitely miss summer. I have really enjoyed this lack of a schedule even if it has thrown me off quite a few times.

One of the things I love about summer is flip-flops. Yes, I brought all 49 pairs (kidding on the number!) with me to Germany. And I've noticed that not many of the locals show their feet around here. Is that something they just do? Or do they just not wear flip-flop type shoes or what? I have everything from the $1 Old Navy flippies to expensive dressy flippies. I took this picture just to show you how much we do in fact love them. The other night I was telling Neeley she needed to go scrub her feet because I thought they were just really dirty from playing outside while she was wearing her flip-flops. I proceeded to try to wipe her feet, only to find that it wasn't coming off. Then I took a closer look at my own feet, and this is what I saw...



Introducing . . . . . . . . . . . . FLIP-FLOP FEET! And I even have it worse than Neeley and I am not outside nearly as much as her. Maybe it's because I was so lily white when we came here and Neeley keeps a little bit of a tan all year. I'm not sure exactly the explanation, except I know I'm not tanning anywhere else. Can I transplant that from just my feet to my arms and legs? LOL Too funny! Never before have I had this happen to us . . .

I mentioned above I have quite a bit of reading to do but does anyone have any good book or author recommendations? I know I am going to quickly be busy reading school books (bleck!) but I am really trying to do some leisure reading to polish my reading skills. :)

Also do you have any good useful websites you visit often? I visit quite a few and I've added some of them to my links but am always open to looking for ideas. I found some really good tips on organizing my pantry yesterday and am very excited to tackle that next.

And I will be sad to show you our first day of school pics on the 31st because Neeley has picked out a rather unusual outfit to wear to school that day. She has always had kind of an off-the-wall sense of style, but this one takes the cake. I'm anxious to see if she sticks with her choice. Tune in for pics of that . . .

Better end here and decide if I'm going to the gym or not today. After that yummy breakfast of oatmeal with fresh blackberries, cinnamon toast, and of course COFFEE I definitely need to do something!

More to come from the Bowden Brigade!

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Germans just don't show their feet. They must be nasty or something. I have not noticed a lot of Europeans wearing flip flops. Must be an American thing.