Monday, June 29, 2009

Home Sweet Home...Well, Sort Of


After several days of tormenting ourselves with what to do about our mounting hotel bill and lack of housing, we think we finally have an answer today. We already have some of our stuff over in a temporary housing unit, but it's a ways away on Robinson Barracks. Today we have to deal with all the paperwork side of everything and then it's so long Millenium Hotel & Spa. We love you ol' Millenium but we've been your tenant for far too long so it's time for us to go. I must show you pictures of this place once we get our own computer. It was it's own city, awesome at first but very annoying right at this moment. Hopefully tonight we can actually have a home cooked meal in our own apartment on Robinson. It is so nice and roomy. After living in a hotel for almost 3 weeks, I almost forgot what it's like to have multiple rooms in your living quarters. :) Even though it's government housing and not the most up-to-date housing available, I absolutely do not care. I am just ready to get in there. Here's the kicker...it's on the 4th floor of a stairwell building...with no elevator. **sigh** No big grocery buying for a while.

Hopefully the cost agreement (i.e., re-bid) for our floors in permanent quarters is moving right along so they can get that taken care of. I think I wrote before how there are gaps in our hardwoods so they are going to throw down some laminant. Whatever! I could live with a dirt floor if I had to. :)

Cannons are being shot right this very moment, causing all of us to jump. I'm at the library right now and Neeley is in her day camp. Scooter/bicycle day today and a little gardening later.

Ronnie's here to pick me up so we can take care of some business. Will get back to you later!

Tschuss!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I know you are going to be so happy to have your own place!!!!!