Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sorry For The Bloggy Hiatus...

We've been just a tad bit busy around here. Showing the house continues to be a thorn in my rear end! :) But that means it will catch someone's eye sometime soon, right?

I finally finished New Moon and am still not impressed. I did pick up Eclipse and have read just a bit of it but am so far not so impressed even still. Neeley and I watched Twilight on PPV the other night and she LOVED it but I am still so-so. I really have no imagination :) and tend to be a realist I think. Hhhmmmmmm.....

Neeley got to wear her jammies to school on Friday of last week (as long as she brought $1) as a fundraiser for ACH. And since we love that place, this is what she looked like that day...



Such a silly girl! She got so many compliments on her crazy hair and I've even had a few mommies ask me how I did it because their girls wanted to wear theirs the same.

We've also been cooking a lot more here at home, or trying to at least. Do you know how hard that is these days? After having another crazy weekend, and finally having some time to get organized and try to get myself back on track, I found this recipe and we've been snacking on these off and on for the past few days.



So yummy! This is just sugar free vanilla wafers, strawberries, blueberries and sugar free/fat free Cool Whip layered with a mixture that is fat free cream cheese/sugar free-fat free vanilla pudding/sugar free-fat free Cool Whip. Yum! Healthy heaven...well only if you don't eat them all in oh say 2 days. :)

And tonight for dinner we had these...



We have a favorite restaurant out of town that makes these yummy BBQ baked potatoes and we love them so much that tonight I tried my own. Absolutely none of this was actually homemade/from scratch: Lloyd's bbq, baking potato nuked in the microwave, a can of bbq beans, slaw mix with slaw dressing, s & p, shredded cheese. Dump it all on a plate and there you have it...

And that's been the highlight of our not-so-fab week. Hoping this weather will straighten up soon. And I mean like right now...there's heresay that we will get off at noon tomorrow so I am hoping to take my book and a sammie and enjoy some "me" time out somewhere...the park, the lake, in my bed, wherever... :) . Because the next few days are going to be crazy busy finishing up some small projects and then we have several birthday parties this weekend and a hair appt. Oh what fun!

Good night!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Eclipse is the best....I promise! And the movie. Egh. Edward wasn't cute enough.