Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Has Come & Gone

Wow, did Christmas Day pass that quickly?

It was very different just having the three of us here this year. We spent the day by ourselves for the first time in 10 years. We were counting back yesterday and we think this was the first holiday by ourselves since we lived in Hawai'i. Yikes! We left there in September 2000 so the last Christmas we were by ourselves was when it was just Ronnie and I in 1999. Goodness! We're hoping to not make that the normal tradition. But Skype works well to. :) We made the most of the day anyway and really enjoyed ourselves.

We finished off the day with a very delicious holiday dinner . . .



We LOVE Cornish game hens...



Our snow is gone so no white Christmas for us either, though we kind of thought we might have one after the crazy weather we have had this past week. It has snowed off and on for a week now.

Today, we are just vegging and going to pick up a few things at the store and just resting and relaxing and enjoying all of our new toys. This is the first year in many, many that I have been able to just sit and relax and not have to run here, there and yon. And I have to admit, I really haven't known what to do with myself.

I think we'll leave the tree and decorations up for about another day and then down they will come, mostly because I feel like this place is filthy and needs a good scrubbing from floor to ceiling. I don't know why, but I always feel that way by the end of the holiday-ready to get a clean, fresh slate and start anew.

Here's to another great year full of many blessings!

Loves from the Bowden's! :)



by oceanth

1 comment:

Amber said...

Your quiet Christmas sounds actually very blissful...but I totally understand the weirdness of it all.

Hope you guys had a very Merry Christmas!