Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wonderful Wednesday To Ya

It's been business as usual around our house. Nothing new and exciting to report unfortunately. :)

So I will answer questions/comments I have received lately first...these are comments and questions/comments I have received in emails from several of you so bear with me and this randomness...

1) Yes, we are excited about the upcoming move to Germany. Ronnie will be here in 18 days. He can correct me on that but I do believe it will be April 19th. He is in Colorado Springs right now for this class. (He is loving his class but no we cannot share much information on his class or his job because of the nature of the business. :) I don't even know very much nor am I educated enough to even ask the right questions. Terrible of me, huh?) And then he flies out to Germany May 3rd. We will leave Arkadelphia on May 1st to spend the weekend in Dallas with him since that's where he flies from. And then Neeley and I fly to Germany June 12th. We are uncertain of our time overseas. Anywhere from 2 or 3 to 6 years...maybe more, maybe less. Very bittersweet but very excited...

2) My sugar scrub was unscented because our lil miss diva has eczema. But you can use scented oils instead of olive oil or I've known others to use scented liquid bath soaps instead of the oils. You can make it any way you choose. And you can get some great ideas from the internet.

3) I will post pics of my hair as soon as I feel like I look ok. :) Most of the time when I am available for a pic, I look like one hot mess. So that may be a while. It's not a new look for me, it has just been since December since I had done anything with my mop.

4) Neeley is telling her teachers TODAY about our upcoming move. YIKES! Please say an extra lil prayer for us today. We have been keeping it on the D.L. because she has been going through all her of academic testing and such and we desperately need those scores. Now that we have those---and she scored on the 4th/5th grade level on all of her IQ, academic and psychological tests BTW...another YIKES since she's only in the 2nd grade! --- we can move forward and let the cat out of the bag to everyone. Such a stressful time! She is very excited about this and will be doing a report on the move and the country soon. Yes, she is also bittersweet about the move but she will be fine.

5) No, we have not sold our house yet. Any takers? :) Another thorn in my side...

6) If my house does not sell, I will have to work over in Germany. Anyone know of any good opportunities over there? I have some ideas up my sleeve...

7) We do not know if we will live on or off post yet and are just waiting for Ronnie to get there to get more info...

8) Yes, I am having a HUGE garage sale sometime later this month. No, I do not know what I am getting rid of but it will be quite a bit.

9) Yes, I do plan to (hopefully) finish my Master's over there...somewhere...

10) Our families are having an okay time adjusting to the idea of this move...some better than others. It will be difficult but it's not our first move away, it's just the farthest so far. Yes, we will miss our families and friends but I'm not too sure I will miss Arkadelphia per se. And no we will (probably) not ever live in Arkadelphia or even Arkansas again. Wow! Did I just say that? That's a tough pill to swallow.

11) We will be in Stuttgart, (pronounced Schtootgart) Germany and Ronnie will be working on Kelley Barracks. That's all we know for now...

Ok, what else have you asked about? ... gosh, I don't remember...but I will.

I have some more pics to share with all of you and I have found some more information on "Schtootgart" that I will be sharing with you also. Please keep Ronnie in your prayers this week too so that he may pass this week's test and keep working along to graduate April 17th. Coming up so quickly! Yay!

Have yourselves a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY! I'm off on a recruiting trip to Texarkana today...

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Summer's coming. Hopefully your house AND mine will sell. If not, we're renting it.

I know how you feel about not missing Arkadelphia PER SE. Same boat here. I miss my friends there SOOOOO much. But not the town and the vibe. I'll never go back, just to visit.

I know you guys are getting EXCITED! I'm so jealous!

Julee said...

How awesome about Neeley's test scores! My mom always tells me how smart she is! I am so impressed! I also will never live in Arkadelphia again but I am totally ok with just visiting there! :) Fun info and I will be praying your house sells!

Tina said...

when I tested her she scored around the 3rd - 5th grade levels on the WRAT-3. Guess that means I did it right then :P