Friday, April 15, 2011

A Lil News/Update, A Lil Trip, A Lil Class, & A Lil More This-n-That

To get through the torture that our government is putting us through, we've been trying to keep life as normal as possible. Believe me...for all you non-military folks, life for us is VERY different right now. Some good, some bad...and such is life. But wow...wasn't so sure we would make it through that one alive.

This week is Spring Break around here. And I have mixed feelings about this week. Ronnie was out in the field for most of the week and most of Neeley's friends are all gone on trips, so I have accomplished absolutely nothing. And seeing as how I have two classes ending very soon and a ton of other projects as usual, I keep going to bed at night wondering how in the world I can even lay my head on the pillow without a fight. But it's all good. Next week...back to normal!

We started the week off with Neeley in a RAW cooking class. What? Nope, it's not raw meats or anything pertaining to sushi. It's all about eating healthy, including lots of fresh fruits and veggies in your diet and making good use of your blender. She got to make smoothies, homemade peanut butter using PB2, zucchini spaghetti, and RAW tacos using walnuts as the meat. To see more about what Chef V offers to adults and children, you can check out her website
http://rawkravings.blogspot.com. Oh so yummy! Neeley and I have had the Spinach & Grape Salad, RAW tacos, and the Peachy Pea Compote in Cucumber Boats this week. Delicious!

I've had the fortunate opportunity to grab up a couple of books to read this week.




It will be nice to not have to read textbooks again. :) Hoping to finish up soon. Yahoo!




















Neeley and I were also able to take a pretty neat trip to
Insel Mainau through our USO on Wednesday. It was beautiful!



It's been a great week! Hopefully things are starting to look up! Well...at least for a few more months anyway.

Now I'm off to make a hundred deviled eggs-bleck!!-for a BBQ we are attending later today.

Enjoy your weekend! Ronnie has to start back on nights and shift work for the next month this weekend. Not fun at all! :( And sometimes having him here, even if he is asleep, tends to throw off my daily schedule, even with Neeley at school. Here's hoping to get back on a schedule and back to a "normal" routine this week.

No comments: