Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Case Of Friendly Suffocation

Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed by your friends and/or having to be in constant contact with them? Sounds crazy, I know. But here's where I am these days . . . I have made some great friends here in Stuttgart. Some of them are fellow wives and others are just friends from the community. Right now, I have a friend whom I help as much as I can because her lifestyle is similar to mine and I just try to help when I can. I have now made a new friend who just likes to be surrounded by lots of people all the time. And while I love a good lunch full of laughter with friends since it does a body good, I am also up to my eyeballs in busy these days that I just don't even know where to turn. And I find myself having to make this and that and meet someone here and there for a meal or to let kids play or whatnot. Now . . . . . I have also started a kind of accidental personal fitness coaching business on the side that I hoped to one day get started just not this quickly. So let's add to my plate that part of the business too. Whew! I am constantly surrounded by people now. And yes I love my friends and I now have 2 new coaching clients but I am way out of my league here and feeling very suffocated. Do you ever feel that way? Yikes!

I know I can get through this, I am just begging for the end of May to get here quickly. My June calendar is looking very promising right now for some down time. How do you alleviate this situation in your lives? There are just some days I like to lay up and be a hermit, and some days I have a million and one places to be with running errands, and buying groceries and taking care of personal business and it quite honestly is about the only alone time I have when I have these days so I cherish them greatly.

Anyway, enough said . . . I am just having one of those days where I just hate to say no but I now realize I just have to, and way more often than I really want to. I have subbed in P.E. at Neeley's school for 4 weeks straight now and I am dying! LOL If I have to do one more push up or sit up I think I may have an even worse case of muscle failure. I know it is good for me, but add that to my own personal workouts and I am dead dog tired.

I need a week on the beach! We are back down in the 40's here temp wise and in the rainy season. It is constantly gloomy here and we are always waiting until the last minute to find out if our softball schedule is still on go for each day or if it will be cancelled. I don't like this time of year. I am ready for some sunshine!

That's all for now. Thanks for letting me rant a lil. I just said an extra lil prayer and feel uplifted. I know in due time my schedule will lighten and I won't feel so crazy but for now I can't even remember my own name!

Have a good one!!

No comments: