Friday, February 27, 2009

Whew...What A Day!!

This morning came WAY too early for us. We had to go to the Air Force Base to take care of quite a few things for our upcoming move and had to be on the road at 7:15. Yes, that's right! 7:15! We got on the road this morning and headed on over. Neeley and I had to apply for our official government passports. We already have our tourist passports but had to submit our paperwork and pictures for our no-fee passports. What a pain! And I tried to renew my ID but apparently can't do that until September. We also had an appointment with the military vet to see our little Anna Banana and take care of her exam paperwork and microchip and all that fun stuff.


Here are some pics from our trip to the base:

Smile...yes, these are forced smiles since it's 7:15 in the morning...

We thought we might have to get a Visitor's Pass to get on base so Ronnie headed in to the Visitor's Center first thing...

We got to see some really cool things while there:

(Yes, I realize this first picture is blurry. Ronnie wouldn't slow down long enough for me to take a picture. He thought I was crazy for documenting this. What do men know? LOL)


And then it was off to eat at one of our fave places, P.F. Chang's. After that, we did a little shopping at Old Navy. Then it was time to head home.

Here is Little Miss playing her Nintendo DS and reading her new books from Books-A-Million. She got to use her gift card today too. :)


We had a great day!

-----------------------------------------------

On another note, Ronnie and I were outside yesterday on my lunch break and snapped a couple of shots of this beautiful Tulip tree in our front yard.

And then just because he hates to have his picture taken, here's one of my cutie patootie hubby.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Ashley! I'm so glad that you started this blog!!! I will be a religious reader, I promise! I think it is amazing that you guys are getting the opportunity to experience Germany! I spent a good part of my childhood overseas, and I learned some amazing life lessons through the experience. I can only hope the same for Neeley!