Thursday, October 8, 2009

Weekend O' Fun

T.G.I.F!! Anybody else feeling this way? :)

I taught 7th and 8th grade math yesterday and had a L-O-N-G advisory period and I still think it takes me a day after to recuperate every time I sub. :) Love those kiddos but they wear me out. And oh yeah, I have to share this with you just because it has been an OMG moment for me after I really did the math and realized yesterday - it has been about 19 years since I was these kiddos ages and in this same math class. Yikes! How old am I again? Oh dear . . .

Neeley is off today for a teacher training day and off again on Monday for Columbus Day. And Ronnie is off of work until Monday night so we have a list a mile long of places we want to see this weekend. Today we are going to visit the Ludwigsburg Castle and all of its' fun sights. They do a pumpkin festival every year where a guy comes in and carves some really neat sculptures out of huge pumpkins right there on the lawn. They keep them there until they are pretty much rotten and then he comes out again and carves a huge Christmas scene. Cannot wait!

Once we are finished there, we are going to FINALLY make our way to the Canstatter Volksfest or Oktoberfest! Can you believe it is practically in our backyard and we have yet to get there? And we are braving good ol' trusty local bus #52 to get there. We have never ridden a local bus before so this should be interesting to say the least.

I couldn't be more excited about these two places. I will take tons of pictures, I promise. And I will have to share more later about the other trips we have planned this weekend. So excited! :)


1 comment:

Kendra said...

FUN weekend ahead! Jealous! Around here all we have planned is staying dry from this monsoon that has settled over our house.